Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Waiting for warmth...


Admittedly, I'm a fair-weather gardener, so I haven't spent much time outside these past few days.

On Saturday I finished laying the stone for our last raised bed. And on Sunday and Monday, it rained. This afternoon, however, the sun came out, and I see the neighbors out working the soil. Liz has been here, too - I see vegetable starts in her plot!

Other than a quick walk-through, I'm waiting for warmth to do much more. I noticed a bluebell by the back steps. That's encouraging! The lilacs can't be far behind. I don't remember it being this cold in April, and I usually love this time of year. It's the scent - fresh rain, tilled soil and sweet blossoms. No bottled perfume can ever truly capture that.

One of the initial garden share gardeners found a place closer to her home, but thanks to Jennifer, the first of our new partners, we found an immediate replacement, a couple who live near Sunset Hill. They seem like a nice addition - I think they share the excitement.

No comments:

Post a Comment