Saturday, July 18, 2009

Yellow gems

The first little golden nuggets came off the tomato vines today! A small handful, they're just the beginning of what I hope will be at least a month of all things tomato. Caprese salads, now within the line of sight. Which is good, because I think my raspberries are dying from lack of liquid nourishment. And so it goes with trying to balance nature and nurture.

I stopped by the Ballard P-Patch this morning for their Art in the Garden event. Produce and berries there all look lush and beautiful. I wonder how often they water? Their raspberries didn't appear to be suffering at all, with large red berries ready for eating (but there were plenty of signs asking visitors not to pick).

Sometime this weekend we'll get out there and pull out the peas and start fall greens and maybe some corn. We may have to get starts; it may be too late to plant seeds in the ground. So many things I just don't know yet... trial and error, learn by experience and observation. I've always found that's the best way to learn, anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment