Saturday, May 25, 2013

I may be an enigma, but I'm healthy...

Now I have baffled both my physical therapist and my naturopath. But we're working through it. I am healthy, capable, and infinitely generative.

The physical therapist concluded my foot problems stemmed from weakening hips and glutes (I've mentioned I sit too much), and my calves are compensating, causing my Achilles to tighten in my feet, causing occasional shooting pains.

My naturopath concluded that my slightly-off-kilter liver enzymes, cholesterol, and thyroid just didn't add up, and we're going to retest in a few months. But her instinct tells her I'm healthy, and to watch and wait. There are no additional indicators suggesting that anything's wrong in any way.

I concur. My general feeling / instinct about both of these is that exercise, which I am only recently getting into a renewed rhythm with, will make a big difference if I can maintain consistency and proper form. And I will continue to refine how I eat, the products I use, and how I take care of my inner self (this inner part needs a bit more attention).

I am trusting that all is well, and that I do, indeed, still have work to do here. For that, I'm feeling pretty grateful. Perhaps this was just meant to be a call-out to take notice of where I'm putting my attention, that to create what I'm working toward I need to focus and be clear on my priorities.

And Forrest is back, after an entire seven months away with limited communication. Perhaps having him here, safe from so many unknowns in my imagination, will make a difference, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment