Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Seeds yet to sprout

There's something to be said for the planning part of gardening. Where to plant what, how each seed or plant will work with its neighbor, how much room each plant needs to grow and thrive, the complimentary nutrients, other needs...

While looking at seed packets and thinking about what'll be in the beds this fall and winter, the anticipation of what might be is clearly there. Although nothing has actually been decided yet... I'm not even sure that all our gardeners will be returning for another season, although I've so enjoyed getting to know them and sharing the space that I hope they do.

I'm starting to feel some real "possibility," what a little care and nurturing might do to the seeds that get planted. I can't even begin to think about spring, and winter seems daunting, but I can look forward to new growth and a fall harvest rich with color and flavors, and maybe some surprises.

No comments:

Post a Comment